Open from noon to 3:00 pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Adults $12; Seniors and Military $10; Students age 6 to 18 $8; Children 5 and under FREE
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday. See our COVID-19 Update card on the home page for more information about safely experiencing our museum and grounds.
Guided Tour By Appointment
Trunks & Treasures specialty tours, private tours, group tours over 10 guests, or school tours – call 406-256-5100 to schedule. Reservations required in advance; $15 per person, children 5 and under are free.
We make every effort to accommodate guests with physical challenges. Our public restrooms, located in the courtyard at the entrance to the museum, are fully accessible. There are many stairs in the home, including the entrance through the basement and between each of the three floors included on the tour. Access to the first floor is up four steps from the front entrance and can be made available upon request. While there are no lifts or elevators, we want to accommodate everyone we can. Calling ahead helps you and us prepare if special arrangements can be made.
Self-Guided Walking Tour of the Neighborhood Surrounding the Moss Mansion.
Enjoy the gorgeous grounds and surrounding historic neighborhood. These private homes can be viewed from the street; the tour includes historical and other interesting information about the builders and owners. Paper copies of the guide and map are available at the admissions desk during business hours, or you can use your mobile device to enter a URL available on signage outside the museum entrance.
Block-Out Dates and Holidays
We are always closed on Mondays. The museum is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- First full week of January to the last Tuesday in January (annual cleaning)
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day (Monday)
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day (Monday)
- First Thursday in September (Party for Preservation)
- Halloween Day
- November 1 through November 14 (set-up for Christmas)
- Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Other block-out dates for 2020 to be determined.
Moss Mansion Gift Shop
Shop this little trove of treasures in the basement of the museum during tour hours. Books, mugs, jewelry, toys, clothing and other trinkets and curiosities – mementos of your visit or special gifts for any occasion. The gift shop is also open during many events and fundraisers!
Directions to the Moss Mansion
Located in Downtown Billings, the Moss Mansion is easily accessible from the airport or the interstate.
- From the Interstate, take Billings Exit 450 from I-90 on N. 27th Street, to 3rd Avenue N. (a one-way street which leads directly to the Moss Mansion). Parallel parking is available on Yellowstone or Clark Avenues. (Clark Avenue is a one-way street with no entry directly from Division Street).
- From Logan International Airport, take Terminal Circle to the roundabout and N. 27th Street into the city center to 3rd Avenue N., a one-way street which leads directly to the Moss Mansion. Parking is also available on a lot on the corner of 3rd Avenue North and 34th Street (you will walk across Division Street to the museum).