Get a sense of turn-of-the-century life as the prominent Moss family lived it.
- See original draperies, furniture, fixtures, Persian carpets and artifacts displayed in the 1903 red sandstone structure designed by New York architect Henry Janeway Hardenbergh.
- Hear trained docents tell about the history and lore of the Moss family found in existing diaries, letters, and other sources within the collection at the Moss Mansion Museum.
- Explore the gift shop and grounds during tour hours at your leisure.
- Book your own private event, a Murder Mystery, or Clue Game. See Venue Rental page for details.
Enter and purchase admission for daily tours and special events in the gift shop (museum entry at the back of the mansion in the basement).
There are no elevators or lifts within the historic home; wheelchairs have limited access to the first floor and may view video and talk with docents about the remainder of the home. A handicap accessible public restroom pavilion is located in the courtyard entrance to the museum.
We are CLOSED November 1-Nov 14 to reset for the holidays. We are closed January 6th to the end of the month for annual cleaning and maintenance. Please check our Event Calendar for specific holiday closings.
See below for special holiday tour pricing.
- Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more, school groups, special tours (such as Trunks & Treasures), Murder Mysteries, private events and some fundraisers.
- Reservations are not required for daily guided tours.
- No reservations are necessary for self-guided tours.
- Please check specific dates on the Event Calendar in this website for details about tours, events, and fundraisers or call 406-256-5100 for information about specific tours or events.
Tours begin with a 13-minute video about the family, followed by a guided or self-guided experience of the mansion. Guided tours take approximately one hour. Visitors are welcome to explore the grounds and gift shop on their own.
Daily Tour Pricing Special Holiday Rates In Effect Nov 15 – Jan 6
|Guided Tours: Fridays and Saturdays at 1:00 pm||$20.00, age 5 and under free|
|Seniors & Military||$12.00|
|Students (Ages 6-18)||$12.00|
|Age 5 and Under||Free|
|See below for Special Tour pricing…|
Moss Mansion Gift Shop
The gift shop is filled with unique gifts and souvenirs and is open during daily tours year-round (see Visit/Hours) and many special events as well.
Trunks & Treasures Tours
Peek into closets, drawers and hidden places where regular tours never go…with special access to the 3rd floor and other nooks as a knowledgeable guide takes you to places and shares information about things that are not on exhibit. Spend an enchanting time with a trained docent to take a deeper look into the lifestyle and history of one of Billings’ earliest entrepreneurs. These tours are scheduled the second Monday of each month June through October when tickets have been reserved three days in advance of the tour.
Reservations are required at least three days in advance of the tour date. Limit 12 guests per tour. Stop by the front desk at the Moss Mansion or call 256-5100 for reservations or more information.
Call or email email@example.com to arrange special Trunks & Treasures Tours for groups of 10 or more.
|Trunks & Treasures Tours:||$30.00 per person with reservation|
Reservations are required at least one week in advance for groups of 10 or more to qualify for a group rate and private tour guide. For information and reservations call 406-256-5100. Our goal is to provide the best tour experience possible, so we typically provide one tour guide for every 10-15 people. Group tours are scheduled on the half-hour.
|Group Tours:||$10.00 per person with reservation|
School Tours – Culture for Kids
What better way to learn how Billings started as a thriving community than through one of its founding families? At the Moss Mansion, children of all ages explore the 100-year-old Moss family home with its original furnishings and artwork. Kids identify with the family members and see that they lived much like we do today, but with a different set of amenities…cutting edge in the early 1900’s! Each year over 1,500 children interact with knowledgeable volunteers in guided school tours. Whether they visit the mansion during the holidays to view the elaborately decorated Christmas trees or attend a special event like the Haunted House or SpringFest, the experience is fun and educational. Reservations are required and special rates apply – please call 406-256-5100.
|School Tours: all students and chaperones||$3.00 per person with reservation|